At the Alexander Bend, the health and well-being of our residents and staff is always our first priority. Therefore, we have taken extra precautions and will continue to do so over the coming weeks and months to ensure that our community remains guarded against the spread of viral infections. We are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control as well as our state officials and have implemented a number of policies and procedures to help protect those we serve and employ.
Our efforts are evolving, but some of the steps we have taken include the following:
- Information is being shared with all residents and staff regarding COVID-19 on an ongoing basis. What is COVID-19? What are the symptoms? When should I seek medical advice? How do I protect myself from COVID-19? How is COVID-19 treated? Where can I stay up-to-date on the current situation?
- Per the Governor's mandate of 8/13/2021, masks must be worn in all common areas of the community.
- Family and guests of residents must come in the front door for entry and are required to wear masks as well.
- Our restaurants are for resident enjoyment only, no guests are currently allowed.
- All staff is required to wear a face mask while working and are subject to temperature checks at the beginning of their shift.
- Ongoing education regarding proper hygiene practices are being provided to our employees, residents and vendors. This includes heightened awareness about the importance of no facial touching, handwashing, coughing and sneezing etiquette, and the frequent sanitizing of all surfaces. Hand sanitizers are placed in several areas around the community for ease of access.
- 98% of our residents are vaccinated but are still social distancing and wearing masks to help protect one other and staff.
- Activities are ongoing, and staff and residents are required to wear masks during events.
We understand that we serve our country’s most vulnerable population, and we are committed to doing all we can to ensure their health and happiness. Every member of our staff is dedicated to this mission, and we will always operate with our residents’ best interests at heart.
For questions, please contact our Executive Director Teri Cilley at 541/330-6000.
For more information on COVID-19 visit the CDC website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html