At the Alexander Bend, the health and well-being of our residents and staff is always our first priority. Therefore, we have taken extra precautions and will continue to do so over the coming weeks and months to ensure that our community remains guarded against the spread of viral infections. We are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control as well as our state officials and have implemented a number of policies and procedures to help protect those we serve and employ.
Our efforts are evolving, but some of the steps we have taken include the following:
- Information is being shared with all residents and staff regarding COVID-19 on an ongoing basis. What is COVID-19? What are the symptoms? When should I seek medical advice? How do I protect myself from COVID-19? How is COVID-19 treated? Where can I stay up-to-date on the current situation?
- Our doors are not open to the public or visitors. Only caregivers and approved vendors are allowed entry at this time to provide essential supplies and services.
- The Wally Bar, Liz Cafe and ALX Restaurant are closed, but providing Take Out service.
- Residents are provided with assistance ordering groceries on-line upon request.
- We are continuing to offer resident engagement in various forms while strictly adhering to the social distancing mandates required.
- Ongoing education regarding proper hygiene practices are being provided to our employees, residents and vendors. This includes heightened awareness about the importance of no facial touching, handwashing, coughing and sneezing etiquette, and the frequent sanitizing of all surfaces. Hand sanitizers are placed in several areas around the community for ease of access.
- Reminders to maintain social distancing are posted throughout the community.
We understand that we serve our country’s most vulnerable population, and we are committed to doing all we can to ensure their health and happiness. Every member of our staff is dedicated to this mission, and we will always operate with our residents’ best interests at heart.
For questions, please contact our Executive Director Teri Cilley at 541/330-6000.
For more information on COVID-19 visit the CDC website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html